Freebies on the Front Range may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post.
- AirBnb | FREE $40 credit (off a $75 reservation) to new customers who sign up for the service.
Audible | If you have time to kill while traveling, sign up for a FREE 30 day Audible trial which includes two FREE audiobooks of your choice which you can keep when your trial ends. Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Audio Guides | Download FREE city audio guides to your phone or mp3 player with iAudioguide.
- Booking.com | FREE $25 credit after you book and complete a stay.
- Camp for FREE | Opportunities for FREE camping abound!
- Cash Back | Easily get cash back on your travel as a Swagbucks member. As an example, I received about $15 cash back in Swagbucks from a $185 booking through Travelocity last year. The trick is actually remembering to click through Swagbucks before booking. Combined with potential credit card travel rewards, this can lead to significant savings.
- Chamber of Commerce or Tourism Bureau | Check with these offices at your local destination for possible FREE events, FREE admission, and even FREE swag which may be on offer. For example, in Boulder I received a coupon for a FREE box of tea from the Celestial Seasonings factory in Gunbarrel.
- Couchsurfing.org | While there are a few hoops to jump in order to be verified, accommodations through Couchsurfing are completely FREE.
- Credit Card Perks | I use the Chase Freedom credit card which offers a FREE $150 (an additional $25 if you add an authorized user) and 1.5% unlimited cash back when you spend $500 in the first three months and 0% APR for fifteen months, but there are other cards which may offer more interesting incentives for your situation.
- Global Freeloaders Network | This is a FREE international platform connecting those seeking accommodation with those offering it. It is intended to be reciprocal and totally FREE.
- Global Greeter Network | Offers FREE sightseeing volunteers around the world. According to their website “Local Greeters are willing to share their time with you, showing the hidden gems in their cities and telling you their personal stories; not as a guide but as a buddy you didn’t know you had!” Also, what an AMAZING volunteer opportunity!
- Holiday Inn | “Up to four kids ages 12 and under eat free any time of the day in any Holiday Inn on-site restaurant. Our kids’ menu features a variety of kids’ favorites, which means your little ones will be full and happy. Up to four kids ages 12 and under eat free any time of the day in any Holiday Inn hotel.” Please see website for further details.
- Lyft | FREE $5 credit off each of your first FOUR rides for new customers.
- Maps | FREE printed map of each state in the United States.
- Monasteries, Convents, Ashrams | You may be able to score FREE or inexpensive accommodation at any of these locations (likely not in the U.S.). Best is to research this in advance of your travels. If you are looking for an extended stay and have skills (cooking, carpentry, technology, etc.), you can also try to barter in exchange for FREE accommodation in some locations.
- Panama | 30-day free healthcare and Tourist Insurance. The website details exactly whom and what is covered.
- Parks Canada | Starting January 1, 2018, admission to Parks Canada places for youth 17 and under is FREE.
- Reciprocal Membership Programs | The North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association® is one of the largest reciprocal membership programs in the world with members in the United States, Bermuda, Canada, El Salvador and Mexico! NARM has 985 arts, cultural, and historical institutions along with botanical gardens, children’s museums, science and technology centers and more that offer their individual NARM qualified members reciprocal benefits. Other reciprocal membership programs include the Association of Children’s Museums’ ACM Reciprocal Network, the Association of Science-Technology Centers’ ASTC Travel Passport Program, and the Southeastern Reciprocal Membership Program.
- Sober Ride | If you’re traveling some areas offer a FREE sober ride back to the safety of your home/hotel. Check AAA HERE and HERE in the U.S. or do a Google search for other local options prior to your night on the town.
- Uber | New customers get a FREE $5 off your first ride.
- WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) | “WWOOF is organised by country, so first you need to decide where in the world you want to go! You can see the complete list of destinations at this page: http://wwoof.net/#destination . Sign up as a volunteer on the WWOOF Organisation responsible for the country you want to visit and then you can start contacting hosts to arrange your visit. If you want to visit more than one country you will need to sign up as a volunteer in each country you plan to visit. Also, you are responsible for obtaining your Visa and paying for your own transportation & personal expenses. We do not make arrangements for you, instead you will make contact with the hosts yourself.”
Getting hitched? Go HERE for the Best Wedding Freebies around!